We are on a mission to create as many urban green spots as possible. That is why we have found a solution to upgrade every city terrace or garden into a real green oasis. KAROO is a solution to create green walls just where you need them. One KAROO can hold 9 different plants and you can keep on combining them to fill up an entire wall. On top, KAROO is made of HDPE, recycled plastic and it entirely produced in Belgium. Let’s all go for a greener world, one KAROO at a time.
– the pakcage contains: 1 karoo (dark grey or white), Potting soil, 1 instruction manual, 1 installation template.
– dimensions: 40 cm x 40 cm
– weight : 6kg
1. Carefully remove the foil from the module.
2. Fold open the fabric of each compartment.
3. Remove the plant from the pot and free up the roots.
Remove any surplus potting soil. Wet the root ball before replanting.
4. Put the plant into the desired compartment. Recommended size of plant in pot : Ø 9cm.
5. Press down the potting soil. Water KAROO with one litre of water to ensure good contact between the root ball and the potting soil.
6. We recommend to let the KAROO rest horizontally for about two weeks before hanging it vertically.
Check the potting soil at regular intervals and water as and when there is a need. You should use no more than one litre of water each time you water KAROO indoors. If water runs out of the gutter below this means you have used too much water. Water may drip off the plants while watering.
Watering system / waterflow
You can water 24 KAROOS automatically with a micro-drip starter set. Install the bottom row first.
1. Connect the KAROOS horizontally via the thin pipes. Cut the thin pipe to the desired length. Connect to the dropper and click the dropper to the back of the KAROO.
2. Install another row above and link the rows to the thicker pipe on the side. Put a stopper at the far ends of the pipes. The dropper must be perfectly positioned in the middle and be free of any obstructions.
You can also water with a watering can or a garden hose. Water flow besides the possibility of watering KAROO manually or automatically, a structure has been designed to regulate waterflow inside KAROO. The internal structure of KAROO is constructed in such a way that the water is evenly distributed between the roots. Water crystals take up the extra water and subsequently release it again when necessary. The surplus water is stored in a reservoir underneath. The capillary action of the substrate causes a gradual distribution of the stored water.
Plant recommendations and soil
DCM has created a special potting soil for vertical installations, containing organic fertiliser. After 12 weeks you can apply any liquid fertiliser of your choice according to the indications. Water in between with plain water.